Name of the Party :The name of the Party is JANATA DAL (Secular)
Aims and Objects
Janata Dal (Secular) shall bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, and to the principles of socialism, secularism and democracy, and would uphold the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India.
Janata Dal (Secular) is dedicated to the task of building up a democratic, secular and socialist State of India on Gandhian principles, drawing inspiration from our rich heritage and the noble traditions of our struggle for national independence and individual liberty. The Party believes in a polity that ensures decentralisation of economic and political power. It affirms the right of peaceful and democratic dissent, Which includes satyagraha or non-violent resistance.
The concept of a theocratic state is against the principles of Janata Dal (Secular) and no member of an organisation having faith in a theocratic State shall be a member of the Janata Dal (Secular).
a. The Plenary session or Special session of the Party.
b. The National Council.
c. The National Executive.
a. The State Councils.
b. The State Executives.
a. The District Councils
b. The District Executives
• Block or Tehsil or Constituenca Councils
• Block or Tehsil or Constituency Executives
Primary Units ; Primary Committees
• The area of the Block or Tehsil or Constituency and Primary Units will be determined by the State Council concerned;
• All cities with Municipal Corporations shall be treated as separate districts for the purposes of this Constitution;
• A Metropolitan area with more than 15 lakh population may be divided into more than one district and their area shall be determined by the State Executive.
Area of State Units :
• 2.The State Units of the Party shall conform to the State and Union Territories, mentioned in the First Schedule of the Constitution of India.
Provided that the National Executive may sanction the setting up a Council for the Metropolitan areas of Mumbai, with regional status, which shall be within the jurisdiction of the Maharashtra State Unit of the Party. The powers and functions of this council shall be defined under the rules by the National Executive.
Provided further that for administrative convenience the National Executive may with the consent of the State executive transfer areas of one State or Union Territory to another state Unit. Provided futher, that the National Executive may not set up Party Unit in any State or Union Territory, if exceptional circumstances so warrant; The Headquarters of a State Unit shall be located in the canital
• 2. of the State or the Union Territory concerned, provided that State Council may, with previous sanction of the National Executive, change its headquarters.
• (a)(i) Any person of the age of 18 or over, who accepts. Article II Shall, on making a written declaration in From 'A' and on payment of a biennial subscription of Rs.5 only can become a primary member of Janata Dal (Secular) provided that he is not a member of any other political party, communal or other, which has a separate membership, Constitution and programme;
• No legislator or office-bearer of the Janata Dal (Secular) shall participate in the activities of any communal organisation. No member of Janata Dal (Secular) shall work in any front organisation which functions in competition with the one sponsored by the Janata Dal (Secular).
(ii) No person shall become a primary member, except in his permanent place of residence, or where he carries ou his work;
(iii) The term of membership, primary and active, shall be from 1st January to 31st December of the following year.
(b) Any primary member may become an active member, by enrolling 25 primary members biennially, by signing a declaration in From B and by fulfilling the following conditions:
1 He shall enrol himself as a subscriber to allmost one party joumal.
2 He is of the age of 18 or over.
3 He is a habitual wearer of hand-spun and handwoven khadi.
4 He abstains from alcoholic drinks and intoxicating drugs.
5 He does not observe or recognise untouchability in any shape or form;
5 He believes in communal unity and has respect for the faith of others.
6 He undertakes to have a minimum training and to perform a minimum task, as may be prescribed by the National Executive.
(c) Primary and Active membership shall be continuous so long as the biennial subscription is paid according to rules made thereunder and the other conditions prescribed are fulfilled. Renewal of primary and active membership will be deemed to have been completed by depositing of the requisite membership fee or fees and by filing the renewal of membership forms, primary or active, as the case may be;
(d) The biennial subscriptions paid by primary and active members shall be distributed in the following proportions among the respective units;
|• National Council||15%|
|• State Council||25%|
|• District Council||25%|
|• Other Units||25%|
Note: 35% share of primary and active membership subscription shall be proportionately distributed amongst various subordinate units below the District Council. The proportion shall be determined by the State Council concered.
(e) All members of the Executives at the National, State and District levels shall pay regularly such contributions as may be prescribed by the National Exceutive;
(f) Every District unit shall organise at least once in six months a meeting of all active members in its area to scrutinise and co-ordinate their activities.